Tuesday, October 31, 2017

'Don't Speak II' - A Poem

********************************************************************************

I did not know
when I said “yes”
that the ring around my finger
would become
the yoke around my neck

voicing my opinion led him to object 
and say

DON’T SPEAK!

sometimes without even saying a word.

and the sergeant he was busy
had no time to hear my words.

others tried to twist them
or add to them with theirs

the dancer groped my body
because he didn’t like my mind

Others changed the subject 
to a topic more benign, 

even my family tried to shut me up
(wow, I must be dangerous)

So 

I wrote 

a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month - FYI

The STATE OF CALIFORNIA   Bravery Award for Being Female and Reporting Criminal Conduct To The Appropriate Authorities : 1...